By Dani Cray
Getting tired of eating the same old things in the dining hall and cafe? Try this quick and easy recipe that you can make in your very own dorm room. It takes less than 5 minutes to make and you only need a bowl, a fork/spoon, and a knife. This recipe is quick and hassle free. And the best part is, it only costs about $8 to make! Just follow these easy steps and you’ll have a yummy burrito bowl all to yourself in no time!
Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese- $2.19
Chunky Salsa- $1.69
Plain Greek Yogurt- 0.85
Uncle Ben’s Brown Rice- $1.48
Total= $7.70 w/o tax
1 cup cooked brown rice
1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
2-3 tablespoons salsa, or to taste
1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon Mexican-blend cheese
- Prepare the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Mix the black beans, rice, salsa, and greek yogurt together in a bowl.
- Microwave the mixture for 45 seconds.
- Cut and peel your avocado. Slice to preference.
- Add avocado slices and shredded cheese on top.